Social Media Explorer is both a strategic services agency and an information products company focusing on the principle subject matters of social media marketing and digital marketing. Anchored by years of experience as a digital marketing and social media marketing strategist, Nichole Kelly and her team offer business-oriented social and digital marketing strategy and management, as well as educational events and industry and custom research products.
In addition, Social Media Explorer is also a leading publishing platform for insights, opinion and learning around the world of digital and social media marketing, online communications, public relations and advertising. Primarily authored by founder and chief instigator Jason Falls and Kelly, the publication also features a roster of authors also known as thought leaders in the field.
|Jason Falls@JasonFallsJasonFalls.com||Nichole Kelly@nichole_kellySME Digital||Marc A. Pitman@marcapitmanThe Fundraising Coach||Andrew Hanelly@hanellyEngage (TMG Custom Media) Really Bad Parenting Advice|
|Ike Pigott@ikepigottOccam’s Razr||Ilana Rabinowitz@ilana221Lion Brand YarnsMarketing Without A Net||Barry Feldman@feldmancreativeFeldman Creative||Stephanie Schwab@stephaniesCrackerjack Marketing|
|Mark Smiciklas@intersection1Intersection Consulting||C.C. Chapman@cc_chapmancc-chapman.com||Jason Spooner@jaspoonerSME Digital||Adam Helweh@secretsushiSecret Sushi|
As an industry-leading blog, SocialMediaExplorer.com has been rated as high as No. 1 on the prestigious Advertising Age Power 150 Marketing Blogs. It is consistently regarded as one of the top social media marketing and general marketing blogs globally. For more on our site demographics and audience profile, visit our advertising page.
Disclosures and Relationships
Social Media Explorer does accept and place occasional affiliate advertisements in addition to our main advertisements from time to time. It is our policy to always fully disclose our relationship with those advertisers. An advertisement on the site should be assumed to be a profitable relationship for SME. Social Media Explorer does present editorial content from time-to-time about affiliate and advertising sponsors of the blog. Those editorial offerings will contain full disclosure as to the nature of the relationship. Amazon links on this site are often, but not always, affiliate links as well.
It is also our policy to not allow advertising on the site for products or services that we do not personally use or endorse. If we wouldn’t use them or recommend them, we don’t accept the advertising. It’s important for us to know you’re getting contextual offers for products and services that you might find useful on this site. We will not offer you junk.
Official statements aside, know this about Jason Falls:
- Jason left full-time duties with SME in 2012 to lead digital strategy for CafePress, a publicly traded online retailer known for offering custom products, apparel and accessories for nearly every passion and occasion. He often shares learnings from his experiences in the online retail world here, but his opinions are his and not those of his employer.
- Jason is a stakeholder in Backupify.com, a backup service for your Web 2.0 data, files and content. He is also contributed to the foundation of Over, and iPhone application created by former SME partner Aaron Marshall
- Jason serves on advisory boards for Network Solutions, Measure Consumer Perspectives and Tallwave.
- Jason is a board member, former president and co-founder of the Louisville Digital Association. He occasionally shares their events and boot camp information on SME but does not profit financially from the organization and often supports it as an extension of SME’s charitable giving.
- Jason is a member of the Boards of Directors for both the National Center for Family Literacy and the Louisville Free Public Library Foundation. Literacy and libraries are passion projects for him. He does not profit from being involved with these organizations, but will pimp them gratuitously. If our society isn’t well-educated beyond the classroom, we will all suffer.
- Jason has been a compensated strategic consultant for several companies, including Compendium Blogware, Expion, SpredFast and Emma. When any of us blog about other clients and companies from which we derive revenue, we will disclose that relationship. For clients that are confidential, if we ever promote or write about their goings on, we will use a (client) disclosure or indication so you’ll know.
- Social Media Explorer has a trade arrangement with NetBase, a social listening and insights provider. We provide them with webinar content and a banner advertisement. They provide SME with access to their market research solution which fuels our Conversation Report product. We do not profit otherwise from that relationship.
- When we speak at events, we’re often given the opportunity to have an affiliate portal for registration here. When we do and someone signs up, we get a commission on the sale. We’re often given discount codes to share with our peeps as well, so we all benefit a little.
- We often use Amazon Affiliate links to point to books we review.
- We get free trial accounts from a handful of software platforms to review. The ones we like, we share. The ones we don’t we provide feedback for and thank them for the opportunity to contribute.
- New authors send us books to review for free. If we feel as if they might be good buys for you, we blog about them. If we don’t, we may Tweet about them on Twitter. we normally pass the books on to others to read.
- Jason is an unabashed fan of the city of Louisville and state of Kentucky. If you have a connection to either, he may inadvertently play favorites. Sorry. Them’s his peeps.
This work by Jason Falls is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You may not republish or reuse for commercial purposes without special permission. Creative Commons License may not apply to images used within posts and pages on this website. See links and attribution associated with each image for licensing.