Posts tagged as:


Bring On The Golden Age Of Mobile [INFOGRAPHIC]

by · May 2, 2014

There’s no denying that mobile technology has become a huge part of how we, civilization, communicates. Sure a well-timed homing pigeon works in a pinch, but it lacks the elegance of a plastic rectangle that can do everything from call my mom, to give me 3am recommendations to qualm my Thai food craving.

Gone are the days where marketers and agencies had to herald in the era of mobile, clamoring cowbells screaming, “Mobile is coming! Mobile is coming!”

Because guess what it’s here.


Google Glass is Watching You: Are You Protected?

by · April 15, 2013

Google is about to augment your reality. Google Glass adds an overlay of rich data to your real-time sensory experience. You can visually index your surroundings, conduct Google searches, capture and share pictures and videos, and even translate your voice into another language.

Amazing? Absolutely. Dangerous? Potentially.

Consider this: you have no right to privacy in terms of where you travel on the public streets. Would you want someone wearing one of these headsets snapping a photo of you entering an adult store? What if someone captures a couple’s romantic moment on a bridge, and it turns out they’re engaged in an extramarital affair?


Tools, Process and Culture…Oh My!

by · December 26, 2012

Everywhere I go and speak, I ask the same two questions before I start my presentation.  The first question I ask is, “How many of you trust social media as a data source to make business decision?  Please raise your hand if you do.”  You know how many people’s hands go up after I ask this question?  About 5-10% of the room.  And when I ask this question, the room is filled with at a minimum 100 people all the way to 500 people.  After asking this question, I follow it with a second one.  I ask, “Ok, so when you are thinking of buying a new electronic device or appliance or picking a restaurant to make a decision, how many of you go to the web first to collect information to make your decision?”  Now everyone’s hand goes up.  Well at least 98% of them…the other 2% are sleeping.


15 Things Social Media Can Do for You Today

by · June 19, 2009

David Finch

David Finch

Social media is a bridge that gives you access to people, stories, and companies that at one time you didn’t have access to. It facilitates conversations that previously came by invitation only. It tears down walls and allows you to see and participate “behind the curtain.”

This whole thought of the “What Social Media Can Do for You,” has really been at the forefront of my thinking and conversation this week. Watching and listening through multiple social media channels of the ground conversations taking place around the Iranian elections has been extremely interesting, as it was during the Mumbai terrorist attacks.


Someone Is Building A New Internet

by · December 18, 2007

Spirit Magazine, December 2007Brendan Coffey’s latest article in Spirit Magazine (Ground Floor, p. 61, December 2007 issue) might be the most fascinating thing I’ve read this year (2007, not 2008 for those of you late to find this). Maybe my attention-deficit-disorder RSS reading and similar approach to mainstream media has gotten the best of me, but I was completely unaware the Internet as we know it will someday give way to an entirely new conduit for our lives, electronic and otherwise.

If you’re kind of lost, like I was reading the article, here’s a summary: