The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.
Second rule of Fight Club is you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
So, for the love of Pete:
The first rule of content marketing is you do not talk solely about yourself.
The second rule of content marketing is you DO NOT talk solely about yourself.
The third rule of content marketing is to ask yourself what your customer cares about.
If anyone in the room answers “Our Brand!”
Show them Rule 1 & 2
Because your customers spend about 100% less time thinking about your brand than you think they do. #fact.
What happens if you break these rules?
Ignore at your own peril.
Your engagement rates drop like a hammer.
You’ll feel like you’ve been punched in the face.
Your fan count will stagnate.
This stagnation will feel like a kick to the gut.
You fail at content marketing, you get beat up.
And trust me, they will look nothing like Brad Pitt shirtless.
You can get up off the mat.
It’s not too late.
But, you’ll need to get in shape.
You’ll need a steady diet of listening.
Learning what matters.
To her. Or him. Or them.
You’ll listen harder.
Find how what you hear aligns with your brand…
100% of the time.
VIP Explorers Club
- Content Marketing: Sterling National Bank Zigs While Others Zag
- 21 Mind Blowing Facebook 360 Videos That Will Drop You Into The Action!
- Worried about Privacy and Hackers? Here’s the Best Alternative to WhatsApp
- 10 Super Savvy Social Media Strategies for 2017
- The Role of Email Marketing in 2017 : A Conversation with the CMO of MailChimp