Think of your favorite lifetime memories. Now think of your favorite movies. Now your favorite songs. Last, your favorite television commercials.
What do they all have in common? They elicit a strong emotion. That emotion sticks in your memory and helps you recall, sometimes in vivid detail, what you felt when you experienced that the first time.
Your job is to produce, “Holy Smokes!” Content.
This is the same output you’re seeking as a content marketer. When your video, blog post, speech, Tweet or webinar hits the intended audience, you want to elicit a strong emotion. This is why I continually tell my team at CafePress and clients that I’ve worked with through the years that your job is to produce, “Holy Smokes!” Content. When your audience experiences it and replies with, “Holy Smokes! That’s [Insert Superlative Here],” you’ve done your job.
They’ll remember you. They’ll think about you more often. They consider you with more thought. They’ll be more likely to do business with you.
I’ll be talking more deeply about Holy Smokes! Content in Social Media Explorer’s Social Media Domination Webinar Series with Exact Target on Wednesday, Sept. 25. It’s free. You should come. Hopefully, I’ll make you say, “Holy Smokes!”
VIP Explorers Club
- How One Company is Using Random Acts of Kindness to Build Their Brand
- A Guide to Building the Best Possible Facebook Custom Audience with Jon Loomer
- How Marketing Will Change at the Incite Marketing Summit
- Book Review: ‘The CMO’s Periodic Table’ Reveals the True Elements of Marketing
- How to Use Reddit to Drive Traffic to Your Site