NOTE: This position has now be filled. Thank you for reading and for your interest. If we hire in social media again, we’ll post another entry. Just in case, subscribe to our feed!
Early in 2007, a singular client came to Doe-Anderson asking for guidance in the social web. Since that time, almost all of our clients have either expressed interest, or expressly ordered up social media thinking. Not to mention we’ve added a few new clients to the fold based primarily on our social media capabilities.
We’re fortunate to now be in a position to hire a social media manager. I am the primary decision-maker. While Crystal Peterson, our Sr. VP for Human Resources, will certainly be posting the official position in various and sundry places around the on- and off-line world, consider this the job announcement.
WHAT WE NEED
- An experienced (2-5 years) social media marketer. Someone who blogs or understands blogging and participates in social networks and online communities, has an understanding of web TV, podcasting, wikis and social bookmarking sites, and can translate that knowledge in to recommendations for clients.
- Someone with a more than rudimentary understanding of search engine optimization.
- A person who is comfortable teaching social media to others.
- A person who enjoys engaging in conversations, both on-line and off.
- An excellent writer.
- An independent thinker and task master with the appropriate organizational skills to be a good one.
- Someone with an insistence on honesty, transparency and integrity.
- A person I can put in front of a client. (i.e. â€“ You speak and present well, aren’t a slob and don’t smell bad.)
WHAT WE WANT
- Someone with community management experience. And not just a blog with comments, but forums, message boards or small social networks.
- A person with web-TV and/or podcasting experience.
- Someone with an impressive social media profile in one or several of the popular social networks or social bookmarking/news sites.
- A salesman who can help us grow our social media clientele.
- Someone who can navigate their way around HTML and PHP code â€¦ or at least do so without screwing something up.
WHAT I GET OUT OF THIS
- An easier, more social method of finding someone to hire.
- Someone to tackle the world with.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS
- A good-paying job with a visionary marketing agency working with national clients.
- A competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, disability and retirement.
- Staff blogging privileges on Social Media Explorer and Doe-Anderson’s blog.
- Sole responsibility for accounts to build your resume and reputation.
- The chance to live in a pretty damn fine town, some call it Possibility City, with a burgeoning pool of social media and tech talent.
- A pretty swell boss.
HERE’S HOW YOU GET THE JOB
- Don’t send me resumes. Connect with me. I’m easy to find.
- Give me an elevator pitch on why you are the person we’ve described.
- Send me (via whatever electronic method you deem most efficient) a short list of what you’ve done and where I can find evidence of it. Or have a full profile on LinkedIn. It’s easier that way.
- If your profiles are hard to link to you on social media sites, tell me which are yours and what you’re hiding.
- Understand this will be a competitive search and I’m hiring one person. Be outstanding.
The only other disclaimer I’ll throw in there is that if you have issues working in the alcohol, wine and spirits category, you’re not going to like this job. That won’t be the only category you’ll work in, though. Experience in travel, banking, medical, non-profits or B2B environments is a plus. Social media community influence in those categories is a super bonus. If you can talk circles around lawyers, you’re already at the top of the stack.
And a hat-tip to Aaron Strout who invented this method. I have clearly ripped him off, but I’d guess he doesn’t mind.
[tags]social media, social media jobs, social media manager, job openings, Louisville, Doe-Anderson[/tags]
VIP Explorers Club
- A Guide to Building the Best Possible Facebook Custom Audience with Jon Loomer
- How Marketing Will Change at the Incite Marketing Summit
- Book Review: ‘The CMO’s Periodic Table’ Reveals the True Elements of Marketing
- How to Use Reddit to Drive Traffic to Your Site
- Trump Launches National Snapchat Filter and Millennials Are Furious