It seems every time someone told Andy Nulman he was nuts, he would surprise them. Not surprisingly, his first book is subtitled, “Profiting from the Power of Surprise.” The book is called Pow! Right Between the Eyes: Profiting from the Power of Surprise
and discusses how surprise marketing can often lift companies, products and brands to levels of buzz and talk-worthiness that are the envy of the industry. And Andy should know. He’s been capitalizing on surprises for a while now. I caught up with him at Word of Mouth Supergenius a few weeks ago for an episode of Social Media Explorer TV.
Now it’s your turn. What have you done … or more importantly can you do … to add surprise to your marketing? Tell us more in the comments.
Related articles by Zemanta
VIP Explorers Club
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing
- Interview: Building a Customer Centric Brand with the CMO of Belkin
- 9 SEO Optimizations You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- 3 Billion Social Shares Analyzed: Lessons From the Internet’s Most Viral Content
- Twitter Loosens Its Character Count Restrictions