We’re excited about today’s launch of Parallels Desktop 7 around SME. The software allows Mac users to run Windows applications on their desktop along side Mac applications with seamless transition between the two. You can copy-paste and drag-and-drop from one to the other. We’ve tried a tested a few of these virtual PC type products before and have never been overwhelmed with their performance, this new edition from Parallels looks quite promising.
But the big feature that is launching is the mobile and tablet applications for the product. Now you can login to your Parallels experience on an iPhone or iPad (or other mobile devices) and see a virtual Windows desktop, access your files and operate as if you were sitting at a PC. Very cool. What’s even more cool? You can run Flash videos on your iPhone or iPad, complete with sound, using the app.
Parallel’s already has millions of users and is one of, if not the, leading PC-on-Mac virtualization software out there. The mobile apps just make them that much better.
We’re also excited the folks at Parallels decided to join the stable of sponsors here at Social Media Explorer. You’ll notice their banners on the individual post pages here on SME for a few days. We hope you’ll check out the product.
Parallels 7 retails for $79.99. The Switch To Mac Edition is $99.00. There are student editions and cheaper prices for upgrades. Anyone who purchased version 6.0 after August 1, 2011 is eligible for a free upgrade.
The mobile app is available on iTunes for $19.99, but is only $4.99 for a limited time. Check out more at the Parallels website.
- Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac Launched (pcworld.com)
- Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac released (zdnet.com)
- Parallels Desktop 7 Gets Lion-Friendly Features, Updated iOS Support, and More [Updates] (lifehacker.com)
- First impressions: Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac (chron.com)
VIP Explorers Club
- How Marketing Will Change at the Incite Marketing Summit
- Book Review: ‘The CMO’s Periodic Table’ Reveals the True Elements of Marketing
- How to Use Reddit to Drive Traffic to Your Site
- Trump Launches National Snapchat Filter and Millennials Are Furious
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing