Join me tomorrow afternoon as I moderate the latest in the Vocus Webinar Series with a one-hour session entitled, “The More Things Change; Bridging The Gap Between PR And Media.” The webinar begins at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT and is free to all comers. I’ll moderate a discussion with two outstanding new media journalists — Ben Worthen of the Wall Street Journal and Colin Delany of Epolitics.com.
To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/6mj865.
Some of the topics we’ll cover include:
- What has changed in the media landscape?
- What makes good public relations professionals stand out?
- How can strong relationships best be built with media members?
- What makes a smart story pitch?
- What can all the role players in the industry do differently to improve the atmosphere?
This is a unique opportunity to get an even more broad perspective on public relations outreach from two outstanding media members and is a logical extension of last month’s “For Immediate Release” discussion on PR spam. I am honored to have been asked by Vocus to lead the discussion. They and Cision are actively continuing the conversation about public relations practices relative to bloggers and new media. Both have asked me to continue participating in the conversation, which I’m proud to do. Kudos to both for putting PR education ahead of competitive issues.
Related articles by Zemanta
More from my site
VIP Explorers Club
- Worried about Privacy and Hackers? Here’s the Best Alternative to WhatsApp
- 10 Super Savvy Social Media Strategies for 2017
- The Role of Email Marketing in 2017 : A Conversation with the CMO of MailChimp
- Who Won the Third Debate? Twitter Bots!
- Facebook Tests Messenger Updates — Including Snapchat Lookalike