You’ve likely read about my recent research project with Chris Baggott, Jay Baer and Debbie Weil into the web analytics of corporate blogs. Our underlying premise is that most corporate blog traffic is not what many social media marketers assume it to be. Our survey results actually found that upwards of 80 percent of traffic on most corporate blogs comes not from your passionate community of fans, but from first-time visitors.
If you subscribe to the notion that you want to serve the needs of the majority of your audience in order to maximize the efficiency of your marketing efforts, this metric shifts the purpose and focus of corporate blogging from engagement and community building to winning search results.
- Image via CrunchBase
Chris and I will explore the topic in more depth on April 1 with a free webinar. If you’re interested in learning more about our research, what first-time visitors mean to your blogging strategy or even in just arguing the point with us in the webinar discussion, joins us and register for, “Dispelling the Myth of the Repeat Visitor.”
The webinar will take place from 2 p.m. until 3 p.m. ET on April Fool’s Day. But the topic really is no joke. Your audience probably isn’t who you think they are. We hope to help you see that and talk about what strategies you can use to capitalize on that 80 percent rather than under-serving your audience focusing on the 20.
We’ll also cover:
- How social media and search engine marketing are impacting today’s marketing tactics
- How companies can align social media strategies to turn visitors into prospects
- Why blogging should be the hub of your social media tactics
- How to measure and profit from social media and search engine marketing
For more on the survey, check out Marketing Profs coverage of our results. You can also register and download an interesting white paper, also from Compendium Blogware, entitled, “Why Blogging Is Your No. 1 Search Marketing Tool.”
Related articles by Zemanta
- Compendium Survey Finds 80% of Business Blog Traffic Comes from First-Time Visitors (eon.businesswire.com)
VIP Explorers Club
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing
- Interview: Building a Customer Centric Brand with the CMO of Belkin
- 9 SEO Optimizations You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- 3 Billion Social Shares Analyzed: Lessons From the Internet’s Most Viral Content
- Twitter Loosens Its Character Count Restrictions