Digg will unveil an images section as well as a few new categories tonight according to a Digg blog post by Kevin Rose. The submission of images will include a crawler that presents up to 10 images from the page for you to choose from.
Nice bell and whistle addition to the site, seeing how Mixx and others are digging at the motherload’s audience.
Now if we could just get Kevin and his merry band of Digg clones to realize there are a couple hundred more categories we need more so than “offbeat” like, say, “Social Media” or “Blogs/Blogging” or anything having to do with the Internet that isn’t programming or development related. “Industry News” just won’t do.
[tags]Digg, social news[/tags]
VIP Explorers Club
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing
- Interview: Building a Customer Centric Brand with the CMO of Belkin
- 9 SEO Optimizations You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- 3 Billion Social Shares Analyzed: Lessons From the Internet’s Most Viral Content
- Twitter Loosens Its Character Count Restrictions