Pardon the interruption but we’ve got something more important than social media to tell you about this afternoon. It’s World Hunger Day. The goal is to get 10,000 people to raise $200,000 and I think each of us can chip in with a $10 or $25 donation here or there to help. I’m donating $100 to the cause and want you to consider a donation as well.
The effort is also being supported by Yum! Brands, which is one of the larger corporations in my hometown of Louisville. The corporation behind Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut is helping drive action behind World Hunger Relief 2012. They don’t want anything in return other than your participation in the cause.
What’s awesome about the effort is that with the combined funds, just $25 feeds a single child for six months. The effort helps children in underserved corners of the globe get their required 2,100 calories a day to grow and thrive. A single dollar can provide four meals to a hungry child.
This isn’t just a noble cause. It’s a no-brainer. So we thought our readers ought to know about it and help us help hungry children around the world.
You can jump over to donate on the World Hunger Relief page at Razoo. C’mon! $10? $25? It’ll make a big impact. Let’s do it together … that’ll make it social media worth talking about.
VIP Explorers Club
- How One Company is Using Random Acts of Kindness to Build Their Brand
- A Guide to Building the Best Possible Facebook Custom Audience with Jon Loomer
- How Marketing Will Change at the Incite Marketing Summit
- Book Review: ‘The CMO’s Periodic Table’ Reveals the True Elements of Marketing
- How to Use Reddit to Drive Traffic to Your Site