This week Dan Schawbel, of the Personal Branding Blog released his latest book, Me 2.0. Dan has become a leading personal branding expert for Gen-Y. He also has introduced a whole new generation to personal branding. Dan’s approach has afforded him the opportunity to be recognized by leading advertising publications as well as publishing his own magazine called, Personal Branding.
Me 2.0 builds upon the foundation on how you can command your career in four steps. Me 2.0 constructs a step-by-step approach on how you can,
- Discover Your Brand
- Create Your Brand
- Communicate Your Brand
- Maintain Your Brand
From these principles that Me 2.0 develops, you can take use them to possibly avoid being let go from your current job. Through social media you now have the tools to empower you to be seen and heard. With these tools and brand building strategies you can,
- Become a Invaluable Asset to Others
- Be the Go-To Person for a Specific Skill
- Gain Self-Confidence
- Focus on Social Equity Instead of Just Monetary Equity
- Build Your Network Before it’s Needed
- Use Advertising to Brand Yourself… Everywhere!
- Through Personal Branding Strategies Become Visible
- Branding Techniques that Catch the Eye of Those Outside of Your Network
- Position Yourself as a Content Producer Instead of Just a Consumer
- Be a Collector of Endorsements
Even in our current economic state, Dan presents case studies where these types of strategies are working. I’m sure that in a recession where over 3.6 million jobs have been lost and the end not in sight, perhaps within the pages of Me 2.0 you could find a few survival tips that will position yourself as someone that brings something of value to the table.
If this topic is something that generates curiosity and you would like to optimize social networks and tools, then this is a book you’ll want to check out.
Make sure you visit the book’s website, www.personalbrandingbook.com and also Dan’s blog www.personalbrandingblog.com.
What are your thoughts about personal branding?
Leave a comment.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Free Personal Branding Blog Guide (advancingwomen.com)
- 50+ Tips to Brand Yourself Online | Personal Branding Blog – Dan Schawbel (tsurch.com)
- Personal Branding and Education – Thoughts on “Me 2.0” (angelamaiers.com)
More from my site
VIP Explorers Club
- Worried about Privacy and Hackers? Here’s the Best Alternative to WhatsApp
- 10 Super Savvy Social Media Strategies for 2017
- The Role of Email Marketing in 2017 : A Conversation with the CMO of MailChimp
- Who Won the Third Debate? Twitter Bots!
- Facebook Tests Messenger Updates — Including Snapchat Lookalike