As you know, I’ve been talking a lot lately about the gap between most people — struggling with computers, technology and social media — and the enthusiasts and evangelists in the echo chamber that is the social media industry. While Silicon Valley and Austin are all abuzz about “social business” — an etherial concept few regular business owners understand — and carry on all day about how much their stock rose on Empire Avenue, the rest of the world (about 99 percent of it) is still wondering how to change out their Twitter background.
This isn’t the ramblings of a middle America marketing consultant. The statistics bear it out. We first saw inklings when the Network Solutions and University of Maryland study of small businesses showed us 44 percent of them don’t have a website. Recent information from Edison Research and Arbitron added to the proof.
In order to better illustrate the difference between the engaged world and the not-so, my learning community collaborated with CreditLoan.com to produce an infographic that explains it all.
Check out the full infographic over at the Social Media Tips blog. Click on the sneak peek image here.
But don’t just read it and move on. We’d like you to help us Bridge The Gap by sharing the infographic with your network. We’ve made it easy by including a nice code grab box under the graphic over there. Get the code and copy and paste it to your blog or website.
And yes, I do have a place you can send the n00bs and lost who need a little hand holding, coaching or have their social media marketing questions answered. It’s at ExploringSocialMedia.com. And we’d be honored to have them and you as members.
It’s simple. Come to ExploringSocialMedia.com, sign up for $25 per month (cancel anytime) and ask all the digital marketing questions you like. Digital marketing experts and practitioners are there to answer them. We also have robust how-to lessons, many of which include screen casts and videos to help you, on a variety of topics. Just use the handy search bar there to find the topic you need help with.
Join us as we Bridge the Gap!
- Social Media Usage by US Region (marketingtechblog.com)
- 9 Surprising New Facts About Social Media in America (e1evation.com)
- 46 Million Americans Check Social Media Sites Multiple Times Per Day [New Data] (hubspot.com)
- Who Is Looking Out For Small Business In The Social World? (socialmediaexplorer.com)
VIP Explorers Club
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing
- Interview: Building a Customer Centric Brand with the CMO of Belkin
- 9 SEO Optimizations You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- 3 Billion Social Shares Analyzed: Lessons From the Internet’s Most Viral Content
- Twitter Loosens Its Character Count Restrictions