The SoLoMo Show is a weekly podcast hosted by Adam Helweh and Cory OBrien. Each week they discuss topics, trends and tactics related to social, local and mobile marketing. Every weekend we will publish the latest episode, related show notes and links to all of the topics discussed on the show here on Social Media Explorer.
Adam and Cory discuss the 2012 Summer Olympics, including Twitter breaking Tweet Per Minute records, the growth of social media since the 2008 Olympics, search shifting to mobile, viewers getting angered by time delays and NBC scooping their own coverage, Beats by Dre sneaking in unofficial sponsorships, athletes that communicate directly with fans and how it boosts their influence, swimmer Scott Tyler Clary live-Tweeting his own race, Olympic fails including racists Tweets from Greek triple jumper Paraskevi ‘Voula’ Papachristou, why you should be careful not to fall for your own hype, a review of Storify and how you can use it to aggregate coverage of an event, the changes Pinterest made recently including the launch of tablet apps and open registration, Facedeals and how you might soon be checking-in to Facebook and receiving deals with your face, Oreo’s Daily Twist and how they used it to boost PR around the Mars Curiosity landing, why you should check your Klout score now and what changes the network has made, and more.
- Olympic (and Twitter) Records
- Infographic: What’s Different About The 2012 Olympics? Social Media, Basically
- Google: Some Reflections On The Digital Games
- Nearly 50 Percent Of Olympics-Related Searches Coming From Mobile Devices
- Technology Is Making the Olympics Worse
- NBC Blames You For Poor-Quality Olympic Streams
- Tuning Out Olympic Edict
- Klout: These Athletes are the Gold Standard of Influence
- US Swimmer Scott Tyler Clary Live-Tweets His Own Competition
- 5 Things Olympians Shouldn’t Tweet, But Do Anyway
- Seebohm Curses Social Media Fixation After Falling For Own Hype
- Storify Olympics
- Pinterest: Introducing Pinterest for Android, iPad and iPhone
- Pinterest: Open Registration!
- Oreo Daily Twist
- Discover Your Klout
SoLoMo Show Links:
- Subscribe: iTunes, Email or Yo
- Twitter: @SoLoMoShow, @
- Email: SoLoMoShow@gmail.com