You may notice me being a bit off the grid this week. And there are some very good reasons.
First, we all need some R&R from the daily grind, even if it’s the grind we love so. I spend between 10 and 18 hours a day sometimes looking at a computer of some sorts. At a minimum, my eyes need to rest. And since I get paid to think, my brain needs some time, too.
Thanksgiving is also an important family time for many, me included. I don’t spend nearly as much time with my family – wife and kids – as I’d like to, and almost none with the extended folks we’ll visit with this week. So for a few days blog posts and Tweets and such will take a back seat.
I hope you take some time to be off the grid, too. Technology is wonderful. Social media is enriching. But sometimes we just need to curl up with a good book, a warm fire and a loved one and enjoy the here and now.
Do that instead of reading SME this week. I’ll see you back here on Monday.
More from SocialMediaExplorer.com
VIP Explorers Club
- Content Marketing: Sterling National Bank Zigs While Others Zag
- 21 Mind Blowing Facebook 360 Videos That Will Drop You Into The Action!
- Worried about Privacy and Hackers? Here’s the Best Alternative to WhatsApp
- 10 Super Savvy Social Media Strategies for 2017
- The Role of Email Marketing in 2017 : A Conversation with the CMO of MailChimp