At the heart of content marketing—at least most of it—is an insidious lie, and one most of us aren’t even aware of. Why? Because we’re lying to ourselves. We give lip service to abandoning the “old ways” of firing messages at customers. We cloak ourselves in metaphors of gentle fishermen patiently waiting for customers to bite, or of farmers gently planting seeds. But guess what? We still think we—brands—are in control.
But we’re not. And we never have been.
VIP Explorers Club
- A Guide to Building the Best Possible Facebook Custom Audience with Jon Loomer
- How Marketing Will Change at the Incite Marketing Summit
- Book Review: ‘The CMO’s Periodic Table’ Reveals the True Elements of Marketing
- How to Use Reddit to Drive Traffic to Your Site
- Trump Launches National Snapchat Filter and Millennials Are Furious