At the heart of content marketing—at least most of it—is an insidious lie, and one most of us aren’t even aware of. Why? Because we’re lying to ourselves. We give lip service to abandoning the “old ways” of firing messages at customers. We cloak ourselves in metaphors of gentle fishermen patiently waiting for customers to bite, or of farmers gently planting seeds. But guess what? We still think we—brands—are in control.
But we’re not. And we never have been.
VIP Explorers Club
- Worried about Privacy and Hackers? Here’s the Best Alternative to WhatsApp
- 10 Super Savvy Social Media Strategies for 2017
- The Role of Email Marketing in 2017 : A Conversation with the CMO of MailChimp
- Who Won the Third Debate? Twitter Bots!
- Facebook Tests Messenger Updates — Including Snapchat Lookalike