Rebecca Kelly of SEOmoz discussed linkbaiting this morning with Cameron Olthuis and Brent Csutoras at SMX Social Media this morning. Something she said gave me pause. She said, “People like to link to things. They like to share.”
I like to link to things, but for different reasons, depending upon the link. The links to the three speakers above are so they see my post, visit, vote and perhaps link back to me. Yes, that’s sharing, but the ulterior motive of getting a link back exists.
So join the exploration of socia media with me and tell me why you link.
[tags]link, linkbait, linkbaiting, poll, vote[/tags]
VIP Explorers Club
- A Guide to Building the Best Possible Facebook Custom Audience with Jon Loomer
- How Marketing Will Change at the Incite Marketing Summit
- Book Review: ‘The CMO’s Periodic Table’ Reveals the True Elements of Marketing
- How to Use Reddit to Drive Traffic to Your Site
- Trump Launches National Snapchat Filter and Millennials Are Furious