No doubt you’re either in the Black Friday shopping scrums, or smugly congratulating yourself for dodging the melee. (Or maybe, like me, you’re watching the kids while a significant other is tossing elbows in an attempt to get one of the five loss-leader gadgets meant to lure shoppers…)
From an online marketing perspective, however, I’m more interested in Blank Friday.
That’s the day Facebook made a big shift that changed our search volume:
Takeaway? It’s wise to periodically review your analytics. Most businesses are still searching for the right baseline from which to measure their activity and efficacy — now we see that those baselines are subject to radical seismic shifts. If you’re not careful, you might become tied to benchmarks that have become irrelevant or even impossible to achieve.
If you have a story about your own “Blank Friday” moment, please share it in the comments.
VIP Explorers Club
- The Role of Email Marketing in 2017 : A Conversation with the CMO of MailChimp
- Who Won the Third Debate? Twitter Bots!
- Facebook Tests Messenger Updates — Including Snapchat Lookalike
- The 3 Most Important Facts You Need to Know About Gen Z
- 8 Advanced Tactics for Optimizing Facebook Video Ads to Perfection