By now you’ve probably heard the news that BlogWorld & New Media Expo is coming to New York and L.A. this year. Register to attend and use the code “SMEVIP” and you’ll get a 20 percent discount on me! But that’s just a sidebar to this post.
BlogWorld is the biggest conference devoted to blogging and social media. But with the NYC-LA split, it is now the two biggest events in the blogging and social media world. I’m thrilled for Rick Calvert and crew for the move because it will take the knowledge, networking and opportunities to more people, even if it does mean my Mall Bar Tweetup in Vegas will be a thing of the past.
I want to invite you to join me at BlogWorld in New York on May 24-26. (Don’t forget the “SMEVIP” code for 20% off!) I’ll be speaking on brands and blogs and how bloggers can leverage relationships with big brands successfully. I’ll share some ideas that can help even small blogs connect with brands for sponsorships and more. And yes, I’ll also drop some reality checks on the bloggers that think they’re hot stuff … the ones brands hate (and may soon refuse to even think about) working with.
But I also want you to invite the companies, brands and clients you know who will benefit from the event most. We need to make a big splash with a new audience at BlogWorld this year and you can help make that happen.
In order to encourage you to do so, I’m giving away a Full Access Pass to BlogWorld East in New York City. It’s a $1,295 value and includes access to the Social Media Business Summit track! But I want you to nominate someone you think will benefit from the event so we give this opportunity to a business or brand that can use the help. They’ll get everything … keynotes, sessions, parties and all the benefits that come with a full access pass. Their travel and accommodations are their responsibility (unless a generous sponsors wants to step forward and make the SME package a dandy) but the conference fee is on me.
Not only that, but I’m giving away three runners-up Exhibition Passes ($50 values each) that will get the recipients in to the conference keynotes, exhibition floor and one official conference party/event each evening.
The giveaway is part of my learning community, Exploring Social Media, and its media partnership with BlogWorld this year.
Here’s how you participate and the contest works:
- Leave the name, title and company name of the person or business you wish to send to BlogWorld East May 24-26 in New York City. Tell me why you think they would benefit from the event. Yes, you can nominate yourself but a third-party nomination will probably come across better.
I’m looking for brand and business people, with a preference for non-agency/firm/consultant types, so that we can bring someone to the event that will take the knowledge back and help a non-marketing consulting or services business. It’s not that I wouldn’t award someone at an agency or firm, but BlogWorld needs more brand managers, CMOs, business owners and brand-side folks to soak up that knowledge.If you’d like to nominate with a video, please do so (Disqus should accommodate that. If not, leave a link to a YouTube or similar video for me to watch.)All nominations received by 5 p.m. ET on Friday, May 6 (in the comments section of this blog post and no other) will be considered. Nominations made by email, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube without links in the comments here, Pony Express or floral delivery will be ignored. You must leave the nomination in the comments of this post and no other post. Hope that’s clear.
- A panel of one (namely me) will pick the most compelling of those nominated based on my personal opinion as to who will benefit most from coming. I’ll perhaps consult a few friends to break ties in my mind and etc., but the decision is mine and only mine. I will be fair in adjudicating the selection. If you don’t like the terms, don’t nominate anyone. I’ll announce the winner Monday, May 9 on this blog.
- I will award the three runners-up similarly and similar rules apply.
- While I want you to share the post and news of your nomination, ask folks to second the nominations, etc., on Twitter/Facebook/etc., please do not campaign to me publicly or privately … especially privately. Anyone sending me random crap, personal pleas for mercy, etc., will be eliminated. I’ll consider only those nominations and information placed in the comments here. You can comment as many times as you want, but if I think you’re spamming, you’ll lose credibility in the voting process.
That’s it. Yes, it’s informal, but you can trust that I will select the person or company that can really benefit from the great talks and speakers at BWE NYC. Those include: Gary Vaynerchuk, Amber Naslund, Rich Brooks, C.C. Chapman, Aliza Sherman, Tom Webster, Wendy Piersall, Johnny B. Truant, Jonathan Fields, Lucrettia Pruitt, Jay Baer … And those are just a few of the big names announced already. More are coming and my head is already spinning at how cool this will be.
Look at the initial topics for yourself. Whether you’re a blogger looking to grow or monetize, or a brand marketer hoping to build blogs or connections to bloggers, this is a must-attend event. So I want to make sure someone deserving must attends!
For those of you who have yet to purchase a ticket to BlogWorld East and are going to, click on the big logo thingy here in the post to register. Use the code “SMEVIP” and get a 20 percent discount … on me!
Yeah, it’s an affiliate link. You know how much I like cheeseburgers.
See you in the Big Apple. We’ll paint the town, BlogWorld style.
VIP Explorers Club
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing
- Interview: Building a Customer Centric Brand with the CMO of Belkin
- 9 SEO Optimizations You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- 3 Billion Social Shares Analyzed: Lessons From the Internet’s Most Viral Content
- Twitter Loosens Its Character Count Restrictions