It’s BlogWorld & New Media Expo time again gang and yet again, Social Media Explorer is giving away a free pass to BlogWorld Los Angeles to one lucky business person, marketer or blogger and three runners-up Expo passes in our Social Media Explorer Free Pass To BlogWorld Giveaway. Like we did in the spring for BlogWorld New York, we are taking nominations for a deserving business person, marketer or blogger who you think deserves a free pass to BlogWorld Los Angeles, Nov. 3-5 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The event features awesome speakers like Peter Shankman, Liz Strauss, Amber Naslund, Jay Baer, Jeremy Wright, Lisa Barone … and a ton more. I’ll be speaking there as well in one of their new Track Keynote segments. I will be talking about Bullshit, but not doing the “book talk,” as it were. Trust me, it’ll be a hoot.
You should sign up now (use the discount code “SME20” and you’ll get a 20% discount on any ticket price) and plan to be there. Blog World & New Media Expo is the largest conference singularly devoted to blogging and social media. I’ve attended all of them and don’t plan on missing anytime soon. Trust me. For the networking, content and experience, this is one show you need to attend whether you’re a blogger, a brand or a marketer.
But don’t just come yourself! Nominate a client, colleague or friend to get a free pass to Blogworld (a full access one valued at just under $1,300) by participating in the Social Media Explorer Free Pass To BlogWorld Giveaway. Here’s how the contest works:
- Leave the name, title and company of the person or business you wish to send to BlogWorld L.A. in the comments of this blog post. (No comments on Google+ or Facebook or other scraped editions will count. They have to be on this blog post on SocialMediaExplorer.com. Tell me in the comment why you think they would benefit from coming to BlogWorld L.A. In the spring, we allowed people to nominate themselves. I just think that’s tacky, so find someone to nominate you if you really want it that bad. Keep in mind that I’m looking for brand and business people first, with a preference for non-marketing consultants or service businesses that sell to brands. It’s not that someone from an agency or firm can’t win the free pass to BlogWorld, but the event needs more brands, businesses and client-side marketers there. So I’m biased. If your story is compelling enough though, anyone can win. You’re welcome to nominate via video. Disqus, my commenting system, should accommodate that. If not, leave the link to a YouTube or other video where you tell the story in the comments section here.
- All comments to be considered must be made by 5 p.m. ET on Friday, Oct. 7, 2011. Any nomination posted after said time will not be considered. Nominations made by Twitter, Facebook, Email, Pony Express or otherwise not in the comments section of this blog will not be considered either. It pays to follow instructions.
- A panel of one (namely me) will pick the most compelling of those nominated based on my personal opinion of who I think will benefit most with the free pass to BlogWorld. I will be fair in adjudicating the selection. The decision is mine and only mine. If you don’t like the terms, don’t nominate anyone. I’ll announce the winner on Monday, Oct. 10 here on this blog.
- I will aware three runners-up who will receive free Expo passes to BlogWorld L.A. as well. Those passes get you into the Exhibition Hall, Keynotes and parties associated with the event.
- While I want you to share the contest with your networks so more worthy candidates can be nominated, ask folks to nominate others and the like, please do not campaign publicly or privately other than contributing a nomination in the comments of this post. I don’t need more spam and junk an pleas for favoritism. If you push, I’ll consider your nomination less. Do it once here and that’s it, please. You are welcome to comment as many times as you like, but don’t be spammy.
Our BlogWorld New York winner is a great example of the kind of story and person we’re looking to help with the pass. Justin Sullivan was a home remodeler forced to reconsider his profession when he was diagnosed with rheumatic fever. His hope was to learn marketing to serve that function in his family business rather than be one of the front line folks climbing ladders and installing cabinets, etc. Without the switch to focus on the marketing of his family business, he would be forced out of his job and have to go learn another trade, one that fit his new medically forced lifestyle. Sending him to BlogWorld was awesome for him and his family business.
So keep that in mind. Nominate a client, a colleague or a friend that could get major benefits for their business by coming to BlogWorld. It doesn’t require a heart-strings story, only one that clearly shows why that person or business will benefit from coming.
Drop your nominations below and good luck!
And by the way: There’s no purchase necessary to participate in this contest and it is void where prohibited by law. (Thanks, Stephanie!)
- 2 Minutes of Jason Falls: Why He’ll Never Miss a BlogWorld Event (blogworld.com)
- BlogWorld 2011 Los Angeles Preview (wiredprworks.com)
- Amber Naslund Confirmed as Keynote for BlogWorld L.A. (blogworld.com)