If you subscribe to my monthly newsletter, you know when it comes to location-based services, I’m quite partial to Whrrl. Unlike Foursquare or Gowalla, there’s more to Whrrl than checking in and getting coupons. Whrrl allows you to annotate your visit with notes, images and more to create virtual scrapbooks of your event or visit. (Think a child’s T-ball game.) When there are more Whrrl users at an event, you can tie the stories together on the location’s page and see what other users are adding to the scrapbooks.
But the system is more than checkin and build content. There’s a full gaming component, recommendations and referrals and even real world activation for businesses and corporate partners. (Yes, Whrrl has opportunities for you to partner with them to drive real foot traffic to your location and take the concept of viral spread off-line. Watch the video. You’ll get it.)
Check out Whrrl. And if you’re close to a Murphy USA, give that a spin too. You could win free gas and more. Nice!
VIP Explorers Club
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing
- Interview: Building a Customer Centric Brand with the CMO of Belkin
- 9 SEO Optimizations You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- 3 Billion Social Shares Analyzed: Lessons From the Internet’s Most Viral Content
- Twitter Loosens Its Character Count Restrictions