Yes, I might be a bit behind the gadget head cutting edge on this one, but I thought since I’d not tried it yet, there are probably several others out there who haven’t either. On Saturday, I did a little video showing you how easy (and worth it) it can be to run your computer video through your home television to see web video, live streams, et. al., through your big screen television.
All I did was purchase an HDMI to DVI connector at Wal-Mart, run it from my HDMI output on the MacBook Pro to the DVI connector on the back of my Sony television, check the TV input settings, my computer display settings, and I was watching MLB.com’s live streams of games on my 55-inch high-definition television. It literally to five minutes and very little technical savvy.
Certainly, I’m not the first to do it. Heck, I’m not even the guy with the coolest setup, but I thought it might be helpful to those of you out there who haven’t tried it out. Enjoy.
VIP Explorers Club
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing
- Interview: Building a Customer Centric Brand with the CMO of Belkin
- 9 SEO Optimizations You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- 3 Billion Social Shares Analyzed: Lessons From the Internet’s Most Viral Content
- Twitter Loosens Its Character Count Restrictions