Of the dozens or so different business structures out there, few have more challenges when it comes to social media than the franchisor-franchisee relationship. Gavin Baker, the director of social media at Ruby Tuesday, sat down with us recently to talk about the national restaurant chain’s social media efforts and challenges therein.
Gavin literally did introduce me to everyone in the marketing department at Ruby Tuesday, sans I think two folks who were out of the office that day. Talking with executive chef Peter Glander, even for a few minutes, was fascinating. Chief Marketing Officer Mark Young, if I’m not mistaken, is the same Mark Young that quarterbacked Ole Miss in the mid-1980s as well. It was neat to meet him, along with the others, many of which took a few minutes to chat with me.
Ruby Tuesday is online at http://www.rubytuesday.com/. You can find them on Facebook. Peter Glander is on Twitter as well. And Gavin Baker can be found a lot of places, including Facebook, Twitter and his personal blog.
Subscribe to the blog | Subscribe to the newsletter | Follow Jason on Twitter
VIP Explorers Club
- How to Rise Above the Noise with Your Content Marketing
- Interview: Building a Customer Centric Brand with the CMO of Belkin
- 9 SEO Optimizations You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- 3 Billion Social Shares Analyzed: Lessons From the Internet’s Most Viral Content
- Twitter Loosens Its Character Count Restrictions